27 November 2018

Thanksgiving V-VI ~

18-24 November:  This week, I was thankful to be enjoying the presence of all three of my daughters with me in the house where I reside; thankful for the anticipatory warmth of gathering family - wish they were ALL close enough to join the celebration!  I was thankful to echo the words of the psalmist from Psalm 105:1-3 where they are written: "Come, offer thanks to the Eternal; invoke His holy name. Tell other people about the things He has done. Sing songs of praise to Him; tell stories of all His miracles. Revel in His holy name. May the hearts of the people who seek the Eternal celebrate and experience great joy." (VOICE). May your heart be filled with that joy!  I was thankful as I watched the cooperative efforts of my now grown-up daughters working together for a specific end; thankful to be able to really hear again (thanks to Nano aids); thankful for this thought from Psalm 1:1-2 where it is written: "Blessed is the person who obeys the law of the Lord. They don’t follow the advice of evil people. They don’t make a habit of doing what sinners do. They don’t join those who make fun of the Lord and His law. Instead, the law of the Lord gives them joy. They think about His law day and night." (NIRV); thankful for the joys of anticipation looking forward to more family arriving to share this time of gratitude; thankful to have a home spacious enough to welcome family and friends; thankful to read these words from Psalm 95:1-2 where they are written: "O come, let us sing for joy to the Lord, let us shout joyfully to the Rock of our salvation. Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving,let us shout joyfully to Him with psalms." (NASB); thankful for all the "enoughs" in my life - enough shelter, enough clothing, enough food to nourish me, and, especially, enough love - just a few of those enoughs among all my Father provides;  thankful to have my dear li'l sister here for the long holiday weekend - what a blessing to my heart! I was thankful, too, as I considered the words of King David as recorded in Psalm 34:1-3 where we read: "I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul will make its boast in the Lord; the humble will hear it and rejoice. O magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt His name together!" (NASB); thankful to be completing five years of these Thanksgiving posts and the anticipation of Thanksgiving VI as long as brain and fingers are able; thankful for loved ones gathered under our roof for this celebration; thankful to think on these words from Psalm 75:1 where we read: "We give praise and thanks to You, O God, we praise and give thanks; Your wondrous works declare that Your Name is near and they who invoke Your Name rehearse Your wonders." (AMPC); thankful for a new beginning in these "Thanksgiving ...." posts - what a privilege is mine as I share the thoughts of a grateful heart day after day; thankful for the week of visiting with the youngest D.D. and her husband who've come from Colorado for the holiday; thankful for the message found in Psalm 100:4-5 where it is written: "Go through His gates, giving thanks; walk through His courts, giving praise. Offer Him your gratitude and praise His holy name. Because the Eternal is good, His loyal love and mercy will never end,and His truth will last throughout all generations." (VOICE); thankful for the weekly blessing of the Lord's own Sabbath - instituted in Eden as a gift for all humankind; thankful for the week-long visit with the D.D. and her husband now on their way back to Colorado; and I was thankful as I read this passage from Colossians 2:6-7 where it is written: "Now that you have welcomed the Anointed One, Jesus the Lord, into your lives, continue to journey with Him and allow Him to shape your lives. Let your roots grow down deeply in Him, and let Him build you up on a firm foundation. Be strong in the faith, just as you were taught, and always spill over with thankfulness." (VOICE).

No comments: