30 June 2024

Thanksgiving XI ~

23-29 June:  During the week just past, I have been thankful for the ability to see sunlight, to hear the birds outside my window, and for the activity of ALL the senses the Creator has given; thankful to know our God is one who understands my struggles and forgives when I fail Him; thankful that ". . . they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint." (Isaiah 40:31; The Living Bible); thankful for another beautiful morning; thankful for all the blessings of Hope TV and 3 Angels Broadcasting Network;  thankful, too, for these words from 2 Thessalonians 3:3-4 where we read: ". . . The Lord is faithful, and He will strengthen you [setting you on a firm foundation] and will protect and guard you from the evil one. We have confidence in the Lord concerning you, that you are doing and will continue to do the things [which He has counseled]." (Amplified Bible); thankful to have a new, fresh attitude of gratitude; thankful to know our Father calls us ALL to listen for His promptings to prayer and praise; thankful for the promise of Jeremiah 23:23-24: ". . . 'I AM God, and I AM always near. I AM not far away. Someone might try to hide from me in some hiding place. But it is easy for me to see that person,' says the Lord, 'because I AM everywhere in heaven and earth.'” (Easy to Read Version); thankful for my heavenly Father's mercy, His grace that have been with me all the days of my life; thankful for that peace which passes all understanding; thankful for the certainty that my prayers are heard and will be answered with my Father's best - perhaps not what I foolishly request, but surely what is for my best good, and for His glory.  I was thankful for each new day of life; thankful for the repeated assurances that our prayers are heard (1 Kings 9:3; Proverbs 15:29; Acts 10:31; and 1 John 5:14 - among many); thankful for this promise from Jeremiah 24:6-7: ". . . I will set My eyes on them for good, and I will bring them back to this land; I will build them and not pull them down, and I will plant them and not pluck them up. Then I will give them a heart to know Me, that I am the Lord; and they shall be My people, and I will be their God, for they shall return to Me with their whole heart." (New King James Version); thankful for fresh water from taps in the kitchen, the bathroom, and outdoors around the house - so much of this world has to carry water from a distant source to meet their culinary and sanitation needs; thankful for heated water at the turn of a handle - what a blessing!   I was thankful for this promise from 2 Peter 3:9 where we read: "The Lord does not delay and is not tardy or slow about what He promises, according to some people’s conception of slowness, but He is long-suffering (extraordinarily patient) toward [us], not desiring that any should perish, but that all should turn to repentance." (Amplified Bible, Classic Edition); thankful for the delectable fruit that's available to us year-round and the seasonal fruits given in summer and winter - what a blessing; I was thankful for the mild temperatures, glad to still be wearing long pants and a sweater at times; thankful for this affirmation from Psalm 138:8 where it is written: "Lord, You will show that I was right to trust You. Lord, Your faithful love continues forever. You have done so much for us, so don’t stop now." (New International Revised Version).





No comments: