23 June 2024

Thanksgiving XI ~

16-22 June:  During the past week, I was thankful for life and a reasonable measure of good health; I was thankful for these words from Psalm 103:10-12 where we read: "He has not dealt with us after our sins nor rewarded us according to our iniquities. For as the heavens are high above the earth, so great are His mercy and loving-kindness toward those who reverently and worshipfully fear Him. As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us." (Amplified Bible, Classic Edition); I was thankful for rain to water growing things; thankful for all the lovely growing things in the yard outside, for delicious cherries waiting in the refrigerator; thankful as I read these words from Psalm 68:4 where this is written: "Sing to God. Sing praises to His name. Make a road for Him Who goes through the deserts. The Lord is His name. Be full of joy before Him." (New Living Translation); thankful to be a daughter of the Most High Father - accepted into His family through the sacrifice of His Son and my Savior; thankful for the fellowship among the family of believers - wherever I've lived there are sisters and brothers who support and encourage me; thankful to be among those who are awaiting this glorious event which is described in 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 where we read: "For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a loud cry of summons, with the shout of an archangel, and with the blast of the trumpet of God. And those who have departed this life in Christ will rise first. Then we, the living ones who remain [on the earth], shall simultaneously be caught up along with [the resurrected dead] in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air; and so always (through the eternity of the eternities) we shall be with the Lord!" (Amplified Bible, Classic Edition); thankful for the ease the internet provides as we reach out through its services to connect with friends near and far away; I was thankful for sunlight and blue skies, for warming temps;  thankful for this message from Philippians 4:8: "For the rest, (beloved), whatever is true, whatever is worthy of reverence and is honorable and seemly, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely and lovable, whatever is kind and winsome and gracious, if there is any virtue and excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think on and weigh and take account of these things [fix your minds on them]." (Amplified Bible, Classic Edition); thankful for the big tree outside my window that provides shade from the heat in the warmer weather; thankful to hear the music of collared-doves as they call from the trees outside; thankful for the message of Jesus' words from Mark 8:35-37: ". . . 'Anyone who intends to come with Me has to let Me lead. You’re not in the driver’s seat; I am. Don’t run from suffering; embrace it. Follow Me and I’ll show you how. Self-help is no help at all. Self-sacrifice is the way, My way, to saving yourself, your true self. What good would it do to get everything you want and lose you, the real you? What could you ever trade your soul for?'" (Message); thankful to be celebrating the first whole day of a new summer - anticipating warm, drier weather and al fresco meals on the patio; thankful to have a D.S. here to keep me company while D.D. and her hubby are going to camp-meeting this weekend; thankful for the assurance to be found in Psalm 91:1-2: "We live within the shadow of the Almighty, sheltered by the God who is above all gods. This I declare, that He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; He is my God, and I am trusting Him." (The Living Bible); thankful to know I am a daughter of the King, who loves me and gave up His life that I - tho' undeserving - might live; I was thankful that although He experienced death, the tomb that held Him for three days is now empty, I serve a risen Savior who's coming again, soon; and I was thankful for the assurance of these words from Psalm 121:7-8: "He keeps you from all evil and preserves your life. He keeps His eye upon you as you come and go and always guards you." (The Living Bible).



No comments: