26 May 2024

Thanksgiving XI ~

19-25 May:  During the week just past, I was thankful and praising our Father as I completed my eighty-fifth circuit of the Earth-star; thankful for 'phone calls and greetings from loved ones and friends;  thankful as I considered these words from James 3:17-18 where they are written: "Heavenly wisdom centers on purity, peace, gentleness, deference, mercy, and other good fruits untainted by hypocrisy. The seed that flowers into righteousness will always be planted in peace by those who embrace peace." (VOICE); thankful for the beginning of a new year of life - each day a precious gift; thankful for the love of family and friends (thank you for all the warm birthday greetings!); thankful for the counsel provided in these words from Romans 15:5-6 where we read: "May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you the same attitude of mind toward each other that Christ Jesus had, so that with one mind and one voice you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ." (New International Version); thankful for blue skies and sunlight - promises of a fine morning; thankful for waking to enjoy the sunrise; thankful to echo the psalmist who wrote Psalm 31:7 where we read: "I will be glad and rejoice in Your lovingkindness, for You have seen my trouble; You have known my soul in adversities."(Modern English Version); thankful for my family that is seeking the beautiful and willing to invest time and resources to add to the beauty around us here; thankful to have five senses intact - to be able to see, feel the textures of the four-legged friends around me, smell different fragrances, taste, and hear - adequately when face-to-face (or to be warned with a shout!); thankful for the promise of Isaiah 46:4-5: ". . . I will still be carrying you when you are old. Your hair will turn gray, and I will still carry you. I made you, and I will carry you to safety. Can you compare Me to anyone? No one is equal to Me. You cannot understand everything about Me. There is nothing like Me" (Easy to Read Version); thankful to know that above the clouds the sun is still shining; thankful for the opportunity to pray for fellow believers in places where they have no freedom to share Jesus or to worship openly; thankful for the clear counsel of Hebrews 13:5-6: "Your lifestyle must be free from the love of money, being content with what you have. For He himself has said, 'I will never desert you, and I will never abandon you.' So then, we can say with confidence, 'The Lord is my helper, I will not be afraid. What will man do to me?'” (Lexham English Bible); thankful for ALL the blessings of the week that is past - I was thankful for the peace that the Sabbath brings; thankful for shelter from the rain and cold; thankful for enough - and some to share.

No comments: