19 May 2024

Thanksgiving XI ~

5-18 May:  In the past week, I was thankful to see thankful for all the promises, the genuine affirmations that can be found in God's Word; thankful to believe that, as the old song tells me, "Every promise in the Book is mine, every chapter, every verse, and each line . . . ."; thankful for the wise counsel of Jesus found in Matthew 18:15 where it reads “If another believer sins against you, go privately and point out the offense. If the other person listens and confesses it, you have won that person back: (New Living Translation); thankful for the delightful little canine that spends his time with me when D.D.'s away; thankful that D.G.D.'s quick to pick up directions for her gram's Airos (compression leggings daily treatment); thankful for these words of counsel from 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18: "Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus" (New International Version); thankful for the assurance that our Father is a faithful promise-keeper - as Joshua told the people at his life's end, ". . . not one thing has failed of all the good things which the Lord your God spoke concerning you. All have come to pass for you; not one word of them has failed" Joshua 23:14.  He's still the same, His promises are sure. The answers are not promised in MY time, but His - I may feel His response is delayed, but ". . . the vision is yet for an appointed time; . . . at the end it will speak, and it will not lie. Though it tarries, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry" Habakkuk 2:3.   He knows what's ahead and when it will be most needed. We can trust Him, for not one word of those promises will fail!  I was thankful for a day with bright sunshine coming through my window; thankful for the "heavenly sunlight" shining in my heart: especially thankful for these words from Romans 8:1-2: ". . . There is now no condemnation for the ones in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus set you free from the law of sin and death!" (Disciples Literal New Testament); thankful for all the promises, the genuine affirmations that can be found in God's Word; thankful to believe that, as the old song tells me, "Every promise in the Book is mine, every chapter, every verse, and each line . . . ."; thankful to have my patio garden planned; thankful to share in this prayer from Psalm139:23-24 where we read: "Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting." (New International Version); thankful for how often I find, reading in Psalms, a call to gratitude and praise; thankful for the multitude of blessings our Father has provided through the almost 85 years of my life; thankful for the daily renewal of His grace and mercy for all - ". . . new every morning. . . ." Lamentations 3:23.  I was thankful for the privilege of prayer.  What a blessing to be able to come, confidently, before God's throne with our praise, our thanks, and our requests, because we've been invited; thankful for the dear grand-children (and great-grands!) with which I've been blessed - what a joy as I watch them grow and develop into the people they were meant to be; thankful for the faithful counsel of the Scriptures - as true today as when Paul wrote: "All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that [God's people] may be complete, equipped for every good work" 2 Timothy 3:16-17 (English Standard Version); thankful the photos D.D. and D.S.I.L. have been able to share from their cruise ; thankful to wake up to sunlight; thankful for the words of an old song rattling around in my brain this morning: "O the sunlight, beautiful sunlight, O the sunlight in the heart! Jesus' smile can banish sadness; it is sunlight in the heart." F.E. Belden, Christ In Song, p.229; thankful as I anticipated another Sabbath with a D.G.D. and her family in temporary residence while the D.D. who is usually here is away; thankful for the "partly sunny" weather forecast for the day; and I was thankful for this message that is found in Hebrews 6:10-11 where we read: "God is always fair. He will remember how you helped His people in the past and how you are still helping them. You belong to God, and He won’t forget the love you have shown His people. We wish that each of you would always be eager to show how strong and lasting your hope really is" (Common English Version).








No comments: