11 March 2024

Thanksgiving XI ~

 3-9 March:  During the past week, I have been thankful to see a lot of blue skies from my window;  thankful for the heavenly sunlight that fills my heart; thankful to find this message in Revelation 3:5, where we read: "Everyone who wins the victory will be dressed in white clothes like them. I will not remove their names from the Book of Life. I will say that they belong to Me before My Father and before His angels" (Easy Reading Version); thankful for the fresh fruit I enjoyed with my breakfast - so sweet, so delicious!   I was thankful for these words from the Bible and recorded for us in Joshua 1:9:  ". . . Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go” (English Standard Version); thankful for the days our Father has added to my life, far exceeding the "three score and ten" spoken of in the Bible; thankful that these words, spoken so long ago by Moses, are still wise counsel for parents today: "Make the things I’m commanding you today part of who you are. Repeat them to your children. Talk about them when you’re sitting together in your home and when you’re walking together down the road. Make them the last thing you talk about before you go to bed and the first thing you talk about the next morning." (Deuteronomy 6:6-7; VOICE);  thankful for the message of the Father's love for all His earth children that is revealed in His Word; thankful that our Creator was willing to leave the courts of heaven to show us how to live from infancy to adulthood, always doing what pleases the Father (John 8:29); thankful for these words from 2 Corinthians 5:20-21 where we read: ". . . We are ambassadors on behalf of Christ, since God is appealing through us. We are begging on behalf of Christ: 'Be reconciled to God!' He made the One not having known sin to be sin for us, in order that we might become the righteousness of God in Him” (Disciples Literal New Testament); thankful for all the ways in which I see the message of Philippians 4:19 - " My God will richly fill your every need in a glorious way through Christ Jesus" (God's Word) - proven true in my life; thankful for my dear children, and for each spouse, the grands and great-grands that are now part of the family; SO thankful for these words from Matthew 11:28-30: "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light" (King James Version); thankful to be a child of God - one of the princesses and princes of the universe awaiting the return of the King; thankful to know this is NOT an exclusive position, but one open to all who come to accept Jesus as Lord;  thankful for the call here in 2 Corinthians 1:3-4 where we are charged with becoming comforters: "Blessed [gratefully praised and adored] be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and the God of all comfort, who comforts and encourages us in every trouble so that we will be able to comfort and encourage those who are in any kind of trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God" (Amplified Bible); thankful that there is a reality beyond that which my eyes perceive: I AM a daughter of the King of Kings - John 1:12-13; I HAVE a home in His house - John 14:1-3; His discipline yields fruit IF I am willing - Hebrews 12:11; trials come ONLY for my best good - and for His glory, revealing the truth about who He is - Hebrews 12:10; I am loved, cherished - Isaiah 43:4; this world is NOT my HOME - Isaiah 65:17-25; Revelation 21 and 22:1-5;  .





























No comments: