29 September 2024

Thanksgiving XI ~

21-29 September:  During the past week, I was thankful for sound sleep and the refreshment it brings; thankful for a new day of life and the promise of strength for its demands; thankful to read these words from Romans 15:5-7: "...May the God of endurance and encouragement grant you to be thinking the same thing among one another according to Christ Jesus, in order that with-one-accord you may ... be glorifying the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, be accepting one-another, just as Christ also accepted you— for the glory of God." (Disciples' Literal New Testament); thankful to know I am precious to my heavenly Father (Isaiah 43:4); thankful to know that I am loved (Jeremiah 31:3); thankful for these words from 2 Peter 1:3-4: "God's divine power has given us everything we need to live a truly religious life through our knowledge of the one who called us to share in His own glory and goodness. In this way He has given us the very great and precious gifts He promised, so that by means of these gifts you . . . may come to share the divine nature" (Good News Translation); thankful for another new day; thankful for the blessings of peace and contentment that come with it; thankful for this assurance: "Surely His salvation is near to those who [reverently] fear Him [and obey Him with submissive wonder], that glory [the manifest presence of God] may dwell in our {hearts}" (Psalm 85:9, Amplified Bible, adapted); thankful for the blessings to be found as I read the Bible - surely the apostle was right when he wrote that the Scriptures are "profitable" to all of us; I was thankful for God's promise to work in us - to give us new hearts (Jeremiah 24:7; Ezekiel 36:25-27, 29); thankful for His promise that is recorded in Jeremiah 29:11-12 where we read: "...'I know the plans I have for you'—this is the Lord’s declaration—'plans for your well-being, not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. You will call to me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.'" (Christian Standard Bible); thankful that I have been chosen to be a daughter of the King; thankful to recognize a "hug" from Him; thankful for this affirmation from Hebrews 13:5 where we read: "... Be satisfied with your present [circumstances and with what you have]; for He [God] Himself has said, 'I will not in any way fail you nor give you up nor leave you without support. [I will] not, [I will] not, [I will] not in any degree leave you helpless nor forsake nor let [you] down (relax My hold on you)! [Assuredly not!]'" (Amplified Bible, Classic Edition).  In the Greek, the three "I will not"s are like italics for us today - given to provide emphasis!  I was thankful for the thought that I am not what others might say I am, nor even what I THINK I am - but I am who the Creator SAYS I am, in Christ Jesus; thankful for all those who are my ever present friends, including those on fb; thankful for these words from Proverbs 27:9 (adapted): "Ointment and perfume delight the heart, and the sweetness of a woman’s friend gives delight by hearty counsel." (New King James Version); thankful for the privilege of prayer - to come to our loving Father with the assurance that He will provide all we need (Philippians 4:19); thankful for the pantry filled with good things; and thankful for songs that were written to express praise - "I will sing of the Lord’s great love forever; with my mouth I will make your faithfulness known through all generations." (Psalm 89:1; New International Version).

No comments: