31 March 2024

Thanksgiving XI ~

24-30 March:  During the past week, I was thankful for rest when sleep is disturbed; thankful for the instruction in 1 Peter 5:7 to cast ALL our concerns on the One who so deeply cares for us; thankful for the assurance of Romans 6:23 where it is written: "The payoff for a life of sin is death, but God is offering us a free gift—eternal life through our Lord Jesus, the Anointed One, the Liberating King." (VOICE); thankful for the blessings of facebook - the quick messages from family and friends are so different from the snail-mail with which I grew up; thankful to know the Bible's words about what happens when we die (no fear!); thankful for this message from Hosea 2:19-20: "I will promise to make you Mine forever. Yes, I will take you as My bride in what is right and good and fair, and in loving-kindness and in loving-pity. I will keep My promise and make you Mine. Then you will know the Lord" (New Life Version); thankful for a night of sound sleep and the defragging that sleep provides for a weary brain; I was thankful to wake to a brand new day - with anticipation for seeing the blessings that will come; thankful as I read again a favorite promise from God"s Word - in Ezekiel 11:19-20 where it is written: "I will give them a new heart and a new mind. I will take away their stubborn heart of stone and will give them an obedient heart. Then they will keep my laws and faithfully obey all my commands. They will be my people, and I will be their God." (Good News Translation); thankful for spring showers and blossoms; thankful for the promise of food in seeds being planted; thankful as I realize the truth of these words from Psalm 62:7 where this is written: "My salvation and my honor depend on God; He is my mighty rock, my refuge." (New International Version); thankful for the precipitation that prepares the earth for things to sprout and grow; thankful for all the prayers I've seen answered through my life 'til now; thankful for these two promises shared by the apostle, John: " ... Whatsoever we ask, we receive of Him ...." (1 John 3:22); "And whatsoever ye shall ask in My name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son." (John 14:13; King James Version); thankful to waken without what would seem to be an opened tap in my head; thankful for the beauty available at the click of my mouse when I think of the "night lights" in the stars; and thankful for the amazing words of this message from Psalm 8:3-4 : "I look at the heavens you made with your hands. I see the moon and the stars you created. And I wonder, 'Why are people so important to you? Why do you even think about them? Why do you care so much about humans? Why do you even notice them?'" (Easy Reading Version) - because He IS love!   I was thankful for the opportunity to join my sisters and brothers at the Grangeville, ID Seventh-day Adventist Church, 280 US 95, just N. of Grangeville - I was there via the connection on my 'phone today; I was thankful for faith that the Bible is most truly God's Word to us; and thankful for these words from the apostle, Paul, to all who read them: "Every part of Scripture is God-breathed and useful one way or another—showing us truth, exposing our rebellion, correcting our mistakes, training us to live God’s way." (2 Timothy 3:16; Message). 

No comments: