10 December 2023

Thanksgiving XI ~

 3-9 December:  This past week, I have been thankful for weather forecasts that warn of dangerous driving conditions, thankful for the moisture in the blanket of snow, and how I appreciated the reminder of how our Heavenly Father can take a life that is grimy, soiled from contact with the world's brokenness - and from one's own mistakes and character flaws - and make that life "white as snow" - as He said in Isaiah 1:18, “'Come now, let us reason together,' says the Lord: 'though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall become like wool.'" (Revised Standard Version); thankful for music in my heart echoing hymns of praise from morning devotions; thankful for the thousands of miles my family and I have driven without serious accident or injury to ourselves or others; thankful for precious "I will ...." promises found in Scripture - and the musical reminder "Every promise in the Book is mine . . . ."; thankful for my family and friends, the warmth of love and affection as we work and play together; I was thankful for patches of blue sky and sunlight seen from my window; thankful for the knowledge that like that sunshine - which still exists when unseen on an overcast day, our heavenly Father is always there, even when we can't "see" Him; thankful for the privileges of living as as "daughter of the King" (and inviting other women to join me!); thankful for another day of life and for the promise that this isn't ALL there is; thankful to read more from the message of the Shepherd in John 10:14-15: "I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own. As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep.(New King James Version) - I am SO glad for this life-giving Savior!   I was thankful for the gentle rain and moderate (for December!) temperature reading; thankful for the friendly helper who comes four days a week for personal care and housekeeping assistance; thankful for the words of Jeremiah 33:20-21 where we read: "Thus says the Lord: If you can break my covenant with the day and my covenant with the night, so that day and night will not come at their appointed time, then also my covenant . . . may be broken. . . ." (New King James Version) - His Word is SURE!  I was thankful for the blessing of sound sleep; thankful for the anticipation of our days regaining their strength - increasing daylight hours; and I was thankful for these words from Proverbs 8:12-13: "I, wisdom, dwell with prudence, and find out knowledge and discretion. The fear of the Lord is to hate evil ...." (New King James Version).


No comments: