25 April 2021

Thanksgiving VIII ~

18-24 April: In the past week, I was thankful for the mental de-fragmentation the Creator built into human minds, a process that goes on in sleep; thankful for other processes that make every day life possible - wound healing is only one!   I was thankful as I read this promise from Jeremiah 33:6 where it is written: "Behold, I will bring it health and healing; I will heal them and reveal to them the abundance of peace and truth." (NKJV); thankful that my eyes saw the flock of Snow Geese lifting off from Mann Lake on our outing yesterday - what a sight!  I was thankful to see more and more of the very welcome signs of spring; thankful for this affirmation from Romans 10:9-10 where we read: "... If you believe deep in your heart that God raised Jesus from the pit of death and if you voice your allegiance by confessing the truth that “Jesus is Lord,” then you will be saved! Belief begins in the heart and leads to a life that’s right with God; confession departs from our lips and brings eternal salvation." (VOICE); thankful for summer-y yellow Goldfinch fellows outside my window - lots of them!  I was thankful that the Creator has filled the earth with so much beauty for us to enjoy; thankful for this item of praise from Isaiah 12:2-3 where it is written: "See, God has come to save me! I will trust and not be afraid, for the Lord is my strength and song; he is my salvation. Oh, the joy of drinking deeply from the Fountain of Salvation!” (TLB); thankful to know that Jesus LIVES! He is risen and preparing a place for His people (John 14:1-3); thankful to see images of a dear great-grandbaby with Dandee (who's behaving like a real gentleman!); thankful for the message found in John 10:28-29 where we read: "And I give them eternal life, and they shall never lose it or perish throughout the ages. [To all eternity they shall never by any means be destroyed.] And no one is able to snatch them out of My hand. My Father, Who has given them to Me, is greater and mightier than all [else]; and no one is able to snatch [them] out of the Father’s hand." (AMPC); thankful for the C&S process that gives my PCP specific info on the most effective antibiotics for the OWIE on my shoulder; thankful for the sight of a flock of Evening Grosbeaks in the tree outside my window; thankful to affirm these words from Romans 1:20 where we read: "From the beginning, creation in its magnificence enlightens us to His nature. Creation itself makes His undying power and divine identity clear, even though they are invisible; and it voids the excuses and ignorant claims of these people." (VOICE); thankful for rest - and some sleep - in the night hours; thankful for something positive (reading "The NO PRESSURE Solution") to do when sleep won't come; thankful for this admonition from Romans 14:10-12 where it is written: "So how is it that you continue to judge your brother? How is it possible for you to look down on a sister? We will all stand before the judgment seat of God. For it is written, 'As I live, so I promise,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow down to Me. Every tongue will confess to God.' So every one of us, regardless [of all else], should expect to give an account for our own lives to God." (VOICE);

thankful to be here for another Sabbath day, enjoying the blessing the Creator gave to us "in the beginning" (Genesis 2:23); thankful for the healing He put into His design and the rapidity with which it is accomplished with time and proper nutrition; and thankful for this affirmation from 1 Peter 1:18-19 where it is written: "You know that a price was paid to redeem you from following the empty ways handed on to you by your ancestors; it was not paid with things that perish (like silver and gold), but with the precious blood of the Anointed, who was like a perfect and unblemished sacrificial lamb." (VOICE).

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: