16 December 2018

Thanksgiving VI ~

9-15 December:  Last week, I was thankful to find the best of the little domes to fit the L. ear canal (and figure out how it attaches to the device!); thankful for all the friends who share their life and love with me; thankful for this counsel found in John 15:4-5, where Jesus said: " Stay joined to me and I will stay joined to you. No branch can produce fruit alone. It must stay connected to the vine. It is the same with you. You cannot produce fruit alone. You must stay joined to me. I am the vine, and you are the branches. If you stay joined to me, and I to you, you will produce plenty of fruit. But separated from me you won’t be able to do anything." (ERV); thankful to read the entries family and friends have posted to this social network, sharing plans and happenings of the day; thankful to be a daughter of our Most High God, learning to live like a child of the King; thankful as I read from Isaiah 44:2-3 where this is written: "The Lord who made you, who will help you, says: 'O servant of mine, don’t be afraid. My chosen ones, don’t be afraid. For I will give you abundant water for your thirst and for your parched fields. And I will pour out my Spirit and my blessings on your children." (TLB); thankful to see that the snow-blower is up and running again for this year's snowy season - my D.S.I.L. spent time after a 12-hour shift at work to clear off the walks and drives around the property (many thanks to this fellow!); thankful for life and the measure of health that remains to me; thankful for this promise from Isaiah 46:4 where we read: "Even to your old age I am He, and even to your advanced old age I will carry you! I have made you, and I will carry you;
Be assured I will carry you and I will save you." (AMP); thankful for the love of "just the right word" that causes me to go to one of two dictionaries or the thesaurus on my shelf (or to GOOGLE!) to find the one I need - see "catarrh"!; thankful for the occasional outcropping of a sense of humor not always evident;
thankful every time I read these words from Isaiah 49:25 where they are written: "... This is what the Lord says: 'I will seize even the warriors’ plunder, and the captives of tyrants will be rescued. I myself will quarrel with those who have a quarrel with you,and I myself will save your children.'" (ISV); thankful for a night of restful sleep and waking refreshed and ready for a new day; thankful to know that even these back-to-back colds do not last forever; thankful for all the Bible prophecies already fulfilled that give assurance that God's Word is true, like this one that told where the Savior would be born: “But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, though you are little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of you shall come forth to Me the One to be Ruler in Israel, whose goings forth are from of old, from everlasting.” (Micah 5:2; NKJV); thankful for an early start on a day full of activities planned; thankful for the continuing ability to move about without assistive devices; thankful that the great God we serve is a promise-keeper who says: "Remember what happened long ago, for I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and no one is like Me. I declare the end from the beginning, and from long ago what is not yet done, saying: 'My plan will take place, and I will do all My will.'" (Isaiah 46:9-10; HCSB); thankful for the folks who planned the annual Christmas brunch for guests at the local Seventh-day Adventist Church ; thankful to know the story of "The Reason for the Season" - not a "jolly old elf", but the Son of God coming as an infant to live among us, the most grand and glorious gift we can imagine; and thankful for the Word that tells of the angel who came to a young Hebrew woman with this message: "Mary, don’t be afraid. You have found favor with God. Listen, you are going to become pregnant. You will have a son, and you must name Him “Savior,” or Jesus. Jesus will become the greatest among men. He will be known as the Son of the Highest God...." (Luke 1:30-32; VOICE).

No comments: